Minzberg 5 P’s (1987)
In this model, Minzberg shows us 5 ways (starting with a P) on how to develop a strategy. The 5 P’s are not strategies themselves but how to get or think about them.
1. Plan – Strategy used as an intentional and conscious action.
2. Ploy – May be seen as a part of the plan and consists on a maneuver to fight competitors.
3. Pattern – Is a type of strategy that arises taking into consideration the result of previously used strategies.
4. Position – Tries to establish a connection between the internal and external environment of the firm.
5. Perspective – Is a strategy that initially consists on a simple idea but can be transformed into a plan.
With this short summary of every P Minzberg tries to show us different strategy visions, which should be definitely taken into consideration in any organization while analyzing on how to overcome obstacles or meet goals.